The training of a runner who has no idea what he is doing from one day to another but sets goals anyway. Enjoy!
Sunday, April 03, 2011
Committed
Not in my training as I have done nothing this week, but I was talked into joining a team for the Nail Can hill run in May. I made the other team members understand that my presence in the team was nothing but to bolster the numbers and that I would be one of the slowest participating this year. I am not losing sight of the fact that I am not 100% healthy and by getting too eager it will take me back to where I was 6 months ago and that was in pain. On to another topic I may be getting transferred with my work at my own request due to some personal matters not to mention the fact that I have had enough of the postion I currently hold. I have requested to go back to Townsville the place I first ran a 1/2 marathon in 2004. I left the end of that year to live in Brisbane before moving to Vic in Dec 2009. I hope it comes to fruition so we can settle down in a place that my wife and I really loved. As a bonus the running community is alot better there than it is in Wodonga aswell. I remember struggling through the longer runs that I was not accustomed to back then during the Townsville Road Runners season. I can recall a run about 16 km around the Ross River where I crossed the line in 82 mins, only a few years later in Brisbane I ran the same distance in 63 mins after a slightly more structured training regime. Anyway that's all for now hopefully some training this week, I know my team will want me to ;-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Shane, if you move to Townsville you'll get to race Scott Brown when he visits.
I'm planning to do Nail Can this year too, so hope to see you there.
Great news Shane. I hope you get your tranfer. Life up there is simple and good as you know.
Pity I won't be going this year going to visit some other relatives in WA.
Let us know if and when you go up there and if you race how it all goes.
Post a Comment