Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Hello 2016

This is a non committal post, seeing as though I seem to have all intentions in maintaining regular posts but over the years this doesn't come to fruition.

Keeping it short for the first post my goal this year is nothing more than running well and covering 1000km for the year.

According to my training log Strava I am currently 9km ahead of my goal totaling 80km so far for January.

This month I have commenced training with Townsville Road Runners for the speed work on the track. I have been to the two sessions they have run this year and I have also competed in two Park runs, where I have managed two victories. One where I pushed based on my current fitness level and the 2nd where I just sauntered around in 19.25 and 20.25 respectively.

I also managed a 10.4km run over the weekend at 4.24/k pace, covering 10km is 44mins flat. My first 10k for 6 months and my fastest for a long time. I haven't raced this distance for many years and to be honest it is difficult to imagine hitting the 38-40 mins I could run pretty consistently 5-6 years ago.

Going back a step I am pretty pleased with the last interval session I conducted with Townsville Road Runners. It was 4 x 200m  x 4 sets. We conducted this in a group of about 6 where we decided to run 36-40 secs per 200 and rest about 40-45 secs between each 200. After the set of 4 we rested for 2 mins before tackling the next set of 4 x 200m. I maintained very good splits averaging around 36-38 secs. The last one I completed in 32 secs which felt good.

This week I hope to maintain regular consistent running and have a solid hit out at Parkrun on Saturday, 19.45 or better is the plan on a course that is slightly hilly and a course that I haven't run on for over 6 months. We will see if the plan goes ahead, but I think I have the fitness to achieve this without too much concern.

Happy Training!!!



 

No comments: