Week - 23.5k
Month - 49.5k
YTD - 348.5k
The time has arrived when all my worries etc about the weekend cannot be helped. No matter what I do know my fate has been sealed and I will just have to wait and see what eventuates.
This will be my last post before the Warwick review so here's a quick update
12/5 - I again set out for another 11.5k run not sure what it is about this distance but I seem to finish at that stage. Again a pretty confortable run @ 4.53 pace slightly slower than the previous day.
The following day was Mothers day however I had to work the entire day and night. What I mean is that I don't work for the entire 24hrs but have to remain at work, actually sleep there and then do the day shift on Monday. A bit sucky really especially on the special day. I made Cass breaky in bed etc etc on the Friday on behalf of Sam who is still a bit young to cook as an early Mums day present
Monday I arrived home at 4pm after what felt like an eternity, in saying that not much went on that afternoon.
Tuesday I started work at 1pm which gave me an opportunity to get a small session in ended up doing 7k in just over 4.30 pace. Felt alot harder than that though.
This morning was the next instalment of the competition that the barracks hold. This time a Triathlon with a twist. The workshop entered two teams as many of us are too whimpy to swim in an outdoor pool early in the morning. The sequence for the Tri was a 2k run, 250m swim, 12k bike, 250m swim then a 3k run. I was the runner with my other mates doing the swim and cycle legs.
I set off in the run and was suprised that from the onset was nearing the front. I settled into a nice rhythm early with another fellow and cleared out from the rest of the pack. The last section of the run is a slight uphill which is where I made a move and entered transition in first spot clocking about 7 mins.
Our swimmer entered the pool and got out only moments later, it turns out that he only did 4 laps 200m before handing off to the cyclist. With possible DQ looming we talked to the marshalls and they agreed to our swimmer doing 300m the next time. Our cyclist done a great effort only getting caught by the best rider in the field in the last 2k. Currently in 2nd place our swimmer entered the water and caught the first guy however we still had to do that extra lap. This enabled the team to hand over and clear out and get a good lead on us. We changed over for my 3k leg and I could see the guy in front about 300m ahead. There was no way I would have caught him and just settled in for a good solid run. We ended up 2nd in a time of 48.44, 52 secs behind 1st. Very happy with the result. The only negative was that our rider yes our rider sprained his ankle running his bike into transition. He has had issues with it before and I think even surgery on it so hopefully he hasn't any serious damage.
Anyway that's all for now, I will see some of you at Warwick and to the rest I will catch up with some reading in a few days.
Last thing I will be doing all events, however the longer stuff is going to kill me so a revised goal of sub 3.20 and I will be happy.
Bye for now :-)
4 comments:
Any job that allows you to train and get paid is good for mine.
All the best for Warwick Shane.
All the best for Warwick Shane - looking forward to the report.
See you and the fam on the weekend.
Smart money is on you smashing that sub 3:20 goal!
I think it'll be close between you and Tesso ;)
Save a bit for the 1500. I've got two bob on you getting a top-ten in that one.
Post a Comment